RB700 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2023
Hunt Number: RB700
Regulatory Year: 2023
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
08/01/2023 - 05/31/2024
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail or online(hunt.alaska.gov) by June 15.
- Specimens Required: If removed from subsistence hunt area, skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; skin of head/front claws kept by ADF&G.
Report by phone, mail or online(hunt.alaska.gov) by June 15.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1)WHEN: Aug 1 - May 31
2) WHERE: Unit 23
3) BAG LIMIT: Two brown bears, but only one brown bear may be taken per permit. Cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: Sealing of the hide/skull only required if removed from any State brown bear subsistence hunt area. Before removal from the area, hide/skull must first be sealed by a department representative. When sealed, the skin of the head and front claws will be removed and retained by the department. Additionally, the hide/skull of any brown bear taken in the Unit 23 portions of Cape Krusenstern National Monument, Kobuk Valley National Park, and Gates of the Arctic National Park must be presented to the National Park Service in Kotzebue for trophy destruction if the hide/skull are transported to Kotzebue, a commercial tannery, or exported from Unit 23.
5) REPORTING: All hunters (successful, unsuccessful or did not hunt) must report their hunting effort and harvest by June 15 to ADF&G by phone, by mailing in postage paid report card or online (http://hunt.alaska.gov). If you receive two permits, you are required to submit a separate hunt report for each of the permits prior to the reporting deadline.
6) REQUIREMENTS: All meat must be salvaged for human consumption; hide/skull need not be salvaged. In Unit 23 use of aircraft in any manner for hunting is not allowed. You must carry this permit with you while you are hunting or transporting a brown bear within the registration permit area.
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.