Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
An aerial census of spotted seal, Phoca vitulina largha, and walruses, Odobenus rosmarus, in the ice front of Bering Sea
- Reference: Burns, J. J., and S. J. Harbo. 1977. An aerial census of spotted seal, Phoca vitulina largha, and walruses, Odobenus rosmarus, in the ice front of Bering Sea: Final Report. Pages 58–132 [In] Environmental Assessment of the Alaskan Continental Shelf: Quarterly Reports of Principal Investigators, April-June 1977, Volume I. Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Game final report to U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of the Interior, Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Assessment Program, Boulder, Colorado.
- Audiences: Scientist, Wildlife Manager
- Authors: John J. Burns Sr., Samuel J. Harbo Jr.
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: spotted seal, Phoca vitulina largha, walrus, Odobenus rosmarus, population, methods, aerial survey, Bristol Bay
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/77_burns_harbo_aerial_census_spotted_seal_walrus_bering_sea.pdf (PDF)
- Partners: NOAA
- Primary Authors: John J. Burns Sr.
- Programs: Marine Mammals
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Journal Article/External Publication, Marine Mammals Scientific Publication
- Regions: Region IV - Central and Southwest Alaska, Region V - Arctic and Western Alaska
- Species: Pacific Walrus, Spotted Seal
- Species Categories: Mammals, Marine Mammals
- Title: An aerial census of spotted seal, Phoca vitulina largha, and walruses, Odobenus rosmarus, in the ice front of Bering Sea
- Topics: Endangered or Threatened Species (Federal), Habitat, Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Population Composition and Demographics, Dive Behavior
- Year: 1977
See more: Wildlife Publications